Thursday 15 October 2015

As a mom, you always question how you are doing for your children. Honestly, you don't want to be "the one" who screws them up or fails them. Something that is so different for this generation of children is technology.

When I was a small girl, I played outside all the time. My mom used to have to call me to come home for dinner. I would play with simple things...sticks, dirt, bikes. I would play in the forest behind our home. I didn't need to be entertained and I was able to use my imagination all the time.

It seems now that we have so much technology in our homes, children are having to be bribed more and more to play outside. My son said the other day that he could not play outside because he didn't have anything to play with. I was floored. He has soccer balls, a bike, a scooter, chalk, toys Nerf guns, paint -- you name it, he has it -- except he doesn't have a full built playground in his back yard.

What are we doing to our youth?

Are we placing them in front of the gaming system of choice and calling that parenting?

No comments:

Post a Comment